Thanksgiving is quite possibly one of the most exciting time of the year to cook. If I had the time and a large, hungry crowd I would abandon all work and just cook TONS and TONS. One of the most thrilling things to me is meal planning. Nerdy? Maybe, but I’m okay with that. I really love having a plan ahead of time because I feel like I actually have things together for once and it gives me more confidence in knowing I can execute the meal to the best of my abilities. This year, I’ve failed miserably at that. I’m FINALLY getting together my meal plan (darn you, procrastination).
I always start out with the intention of cooking beautiful, healthy meals that I hope I can trick everyone into eating and then my southern soul completely takes over and all I want is a big, southern Thanksgiving spread. Once this happens, there’s no turning back. I don’t want to settle for anything less on this holiday. Plus, it’s one day a year so that justifies the madness in my mind. Anyway, below I’ve listed some fantastic Thanksgiving recipes and what not that will hopefully inspire you/give you ideas if you’re lagging in the meal planning department like meeee!
– Last year I made candied sweet potato rounds (pictured above) and they were a total hit.
- Here are some amazing baking tips for those wanting a few pointers (emoji of girl raising hand = me).
– It’s always helpful to have a good reference to making the perfect pie crust. Why buy them when you can make them?
– Sweet Potato Pie is a fall time favorite, especially for my father-in-law who literally requests it year round. It takes the traditional pumpkin pie to a whole new level of deliciousness. Plus, it’s super southern so you need it in your life asap.
– Here’s a recipe that takes sweet potato casserole to a whole new dimension and gloryyyyy it looks fantastic!
– Everything is better if it’s miniature. How perfect are these chicken pot pies?
– Here is a list of a few Thanksgiving recipes with a whole new twist. I’ll take some of each, please.
What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes? I’d love to know!